Re: broken links for "next section in reading order"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: broken links for "next section in reading order"
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:51:15 +0100

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 09:37:28AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> > If somebody wants to work on making unfinished doc
> > sections match our doc policy (such as NR 2.1 Vocals, or
> > anything in NR 3 or higher), let's talk.
>
> I will be posting a patch soon to reformat the ly code in
> the NR, along the same lines as this patch that did the same
> thing for the LM:

I really, really, really, really think that writing a script that
does this automatically would save everybody a lot of time and
effort.  Such scripts already exist!  -- although they'll almost
certainly require some modification.

- no need to manually change indentation in .itely files.  Or .ly
  files / snippets / etc.
- no need to manually fix broken indentation on a yearly basis
  when things get committed by accident.
- no need for us to argue about each case individually; we just
  set out the general rules and then apply them.
- no need to constantly remind new doc editors or snippet authors
  to read the CG; just tell them to run the script, and it'd
  either do the right thing, or warn about wrong things.
- the script would be useful for users and general .ly
  file-writing as well.
- etc.