Re: does anybody care about LSR?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: does anybody care about LSR?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:39:39 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden>

So if Phil is willing to take it over, whatever he wants to do is fine with
me.

That sounds like you're agreeing with my main suggestion: dump it
on Phil.  :)

I've already told Graham I'm happy to maintain it from an authoriser point of view. The issue with that, though, is - "what is the authoriser's job"?

I typically check the speeling and grammer, correct indentation and try to see whether it makes sense to add to the LSR. However, if it doesn't, there's no avenue to contact the author to discuss it. Correcting the indentation can be a pain, too. Oh - and updates - users can't edit old snippets, and so when they're updated the best approach is to copy the new code into the old snippet and delete the old one. This takes time too.

My suggestion would be: unless the snippet is tagged "docs" abandon the above and blind authorise if it compiles. How does this sound?

--
Phil Holmes