Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (probable decision)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (probable decision)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 04:19:07 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

> We will make a “Type-Critical”; a new stable release will only
> occur if there are 0 type-Critical issues.

[...]
> it also attracts the attention of potential
> contributors, so we should avoid having any glaring problems which
> would stop somebody from contributing and turn them away – we do
> not want to put our “stamp of approval” on something which might
> cost us potential contributors.

[...]

Trevor Daniels <t.daniels <at> treda.co.uk> writes:

> I agree this is important, but I don't see why it
> should prevent a new release per se.

Issue 1809 is an interesting test of this policy.  `make test` sometimes
crashes
for some programmers, making it very hard for them to contribute, but it
crashes
in the Guile garbage collection, so we might be powerless to resolve the issue.

Probably this will stay critical until we
 fix it (by some miracle)
 work around it
 assign blame, and push the bug report, upstream, or
 give up