Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (probable decision)

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (probable decision)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:56:21 +0300

On Wed 10 Aug 2011, 09:46 Graham Percival wrote:
> ** More new/changed types
>
>     * Type-crash: any segfault, regardless of what the input file
>       looks like or which options are given. Disclaimer: this
>       might not be possible in some cases, for example certain
>       guile programs (we certainly can’t predict if a piece of
>       scheme will ever stop running, i.e. the halting problem), or
>       if we rely on other programs (i.e. ghostscript). If there
>       are any such cases that make segfault-prevention impossible,
>       we will document those exceptions (and the issue will remain
>       as a "crash" instead of "documentation" until the warning
>       has been pushed).
>     * Type-maintainability: anything which makes it difficult for
>       serious contributors to help out (e.g. difficult to find the
>       relevant source tree(s), confusing policies, problems with
>       automatic indentation tools, etc).
>     * Type-ugly: replaces Type-collision, and it will include
>       things like bad slurs in addition to actual collision.
>     * Type-ignorance: (fixme name?) it is not clear what the
>       correct output should look like. We need scans, references,
>       examples, etc.
No type-documentation any more? Why? Sorry, I've jumped a bit late thought.

I agree that we can classify work with tags/labels; however things like docs
improvement do not fit into these crash/maint/ugly/ignore, as for me.

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk                        "Easy to use" is easy to say.
  Bug Squad                                             -- Jeff Garbers