Re: Adds a site search to website and improves docsearch(issue4894053)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Adds a site search to website and improves docsearch(issue4894053)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:51:15 +0100

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:10:35AM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
> <address@hidden>
>
> From the naming, I'd presume it is the directory that contains
> all the source files.  For a standard git set up, I'd assume it
> would be $HOME/lilypond-git

correct.

> >- how is the variable TOP_SRC_DIR used inside website.make ?
>
> If we're doing a website-only build, it's defined as:
>
>  TOP_SRC_DIR=$(HOME)/lilypond/lilypond-git
>  top-src-dir=$(TOP_SRC_DIR)

Not how it's defined -- how is it used?  that could be useful to
confirm (or deny) your suspicion about what the variable is for.

> >- what do you think TOP_SRC_DIR should be when you do this inside
> > lilydev.  (hint: I'm not on lilydev, and I have a non-standard
> > setup)
>
> The make call barfs with this:
>
> python /home/phil/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-version-itexi.py
> /home/phil/src/lilypond/ > out-website/version.itexi
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/phil/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-version-itexi.py",
> line 45, in <module>
>    version_contents = open(version_file_path).readlines()
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/phil/src/lilypond/VERSION'

Yeah, you still have TOP_SRC_DIR set to $HOME/src/lilypond/

> So on my system I've clearly got a problem that
> TOP_SRC_DIR=$HOME/src/lilypond/ which doesn't exist.  My problem is
> that I don't know where VERSION is expected to exist in this build
> mechanism.

It's the VERSION in the base git repository.  TOP_SRC_DIR just
tells make where to find your git directory.  So what happens when
you adjust the command-line accordingly?