Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidde

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 18:07:06 +0000

On 2015/04/08 16:45:37, J_lowe wrote:
Passes make, make check and a full make doc.

Reg test diffs here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9nZ5LHV2Ds6R3pUdHNpMkhVZEU/view?usp=sharing

Facepalm.  It would appear that we previously just got some random
platform dependent font for chord names and some other stuff.  Quite
embarrassing.  And some of those diff originals look a bit like the font
glyphs don't match the metrics perfectly.  Or just don't have all that
good metrics.  I like the current overall look for _this_ choice of
fonts better afterwards as compared to before, even though the "C" glyph
has a more conspicuous rounding and the "G" glyph has the well-known
somewhat poignant Helvetica shape.

It's a pity that Pango does not seem to support some setup where there
would be a graceful upgradation to the identically-metriced Helvetica
when available: many professional printers/publishers have the original
Helvetica readily available in their setup.

https://codereview.appspot.com/224800043/