Re: Issue 4560: group #include directives at top of file (issue 25467004

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 4560: group #include directives at top of file (issue 254670043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:31:55 +0000

On 2015/08/23 18:48:00, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2015/08/23 16:31:46, dak wrote:
> > As it stands, this patch would appear quite broken to me as it
fails to
> > work when the config variable HAVE_STL_DATA_METHOD is 0: in that
case,
> > std-vector.hh defines its own vector template class that is _not_
> > accessible via std::vector.

Drat.  Do we need this huge kludge in this day and age?   Any idea
which
platform this is necessary for?

data is only available as of C++11 as far as I can tell, and we don't
demand C++11 yet.  I think that the GNU C++ library is less bothered
about keeping standards separated and tends to introduce stuff early if
it does not conflict.  So I have no idea which GCC versions are actually
concerned.

However, I seem to remember that I looked at the uses of data and most
uses seemed to be better replaced by something else.  I don't know when
the "is stored contiguously" guarantee for the vector and string classes
was formally codified, but the presence of cstr should be sufficient for
most string uses of data.

https://codereview.appspot.com/254670043/