Re: Upgrading to a newer version of lilypond

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Upgrading to a newer version of lilypond
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:40:45 -0600

If you got it via the Synaptic Package Manager or Add/Remove Programs, then remove the old version the same way before trying to install the new one.

chip wrote:
Ok, so after all is said and done in the other thread I started, here goes another one - is there a proper upgrade path or do I just download and extract the latest version over the top of the existing version? The Application Usage document only mentions 'upgrade' in relationship to convert-ly, not upgrading lilypond. Oh, I am using lilypond on a linux (ubuntu) box.

lilypond-user mailing list

Jonathan Kulp