RE: FW: [Ltib] Qtopia on LPC3250

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: RE: FW: [Ltib] Qtopia on LPC3250
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 01:41:49 +0200

Hi Stuart,

Please install that patch below into the qtopia.spec file (or
I can do it a little later this week). This fixes a build issue
with 32x0 configurations that do not select a touchscreen in
the qtopia options menu.
>     phy3250|ea3250|fdi3250)
>         export EXTRA_QTE_CONFIG=
>         if [ -n "$PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_TSLIB" ]
>         then
>                export EXTRA_QTE_CONFIG="-tslib"
>         fi

Hi Chris and other Ubuntu users,

With the fresh unchanged Ubuntu installation, the Xlib/Xorg
header files and several important apps used by the qt2 build
system are missing. You need to add the following host packages
via the Synaptic Package manager to built Qtopia 2. These seem
to be installed by default with my default Fedora 12 box.
<Definite package additions>
        xserver-xorg-dev
        qt3-dev-tools
        uuid-dev

<Possible package additions>
        libqt3-mt (might be installed as dependency for qt3-dev-tools)

There are still some file stripping errors in the qt2 build process
that are tagged as (ignored) errors. The build process correctly
continues and generates a build when these fail, but a few apps may
be larger than normal (or may not work at all).

thanks,
Kevin