Re: [Ltib] host side questions

From: Bruce
Subject: Re: [Ltib] host side questions
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:30:20 -0800

Hey Aaron,
I have a similar question out as well.
If you have a package that needs to use a specific version of host tools (or a new one) that may break the rest of the build if you update it, I have installed it onto my host separately from ltib. In your .spec file you can explicitly call the tool like /usr/bin/foo. Normally, ltib has it's spoof path first (in my case it's /opt/ltib/usr/bin or whatever).  So if you call 'foo' in your spec file it finds ltib's version first. Or you can pre-pend the PATH to find your tools before ltib.
You can capture the path before modifying it:
ORIG_PATH=$PATH
PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH
... use your tools...

.. Reset the path...
PATH=$ORIG_PATH
OK. Is that a hack? Sorry... But it works and confines it to just one package.

I would be careful about making a global change that affects all the package builds;) could get ugly!

Thanks,
Bruce