RE: [Ltib] host side questions

From: Rodney Lott
Subject: RE: [Ltib] host side questions
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:16:26 -0500

Hi, Aaron and Bruce.

I'm a little new to things so let me ask a clarifying question regarding installing a host side package.  Let's say a package I am creating needs a newer version of autoconf and intltool, but I don't want to break any of the existing packages by updating the autoconf.spec.  So, would the steps be as follows?

1. Create (let's say) a autoconf-2.61.spec in the dist/lfs-5.1/autoconf directory.
2. Build it with ./ltib -p autoconf-2.61.spec
3. Edit the config/platform/host/{pkg_map,packages.lkc} to add my spec file and such.
4. Run ./ltib -m config --hostcf to select and ./ltib --hostcf to refresh.

Is there a document somewhere that talks about the difference between host side and target side configuration in more detail?

Thanks.

Rodney Lott