lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?

From: Rishi Khan
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:28:17 -0500

FYI, a secondary problem with non-blocking connect is that if the server is not available or doesn't send RST packets for closed connections, you will back off on each retransmit and it may take a while to connect to the server once it is up. Imagine if you are backed off far enough that you are sending one SYN packets per minute and the server comes up in the middle of that.

The problem with non-blocking connect is that a lot of state needs to be kept to continue to retry the connection. For select, accept, and recv, you just need to look in the queue, see nothing there, and return.

Rishi