lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:20:55 +0100

Kieran Mansley wrote:
I think send is non-blocking always. yes/no??
No.  Sometimes it will need to wait for space in the send queue.  It
will, I think, always be non-blocking if you know the send queue is not
full.
I would have thought it is always blocking, since it at least has to change tasks to tcpip_thread and back again? Of course, it depends on the definition of 'blocking'... However, I don't know if we have a completely nonblocking send that just puts the data on a queue... For that, we would have to support sending pbufs with TCP (in contrast to data pointer as it is now).

Simon