lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environment and

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environment and routing to slow link
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:28:54 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris Strahm schrieb:
Correct, I wrote my own driver for the ARM7  LPC23XX/24XX.  I wrote the
driver so that it could handle PBUFs of different size than the EMAC DMA
buffers: equal, bigger, or smaller.  Unless your driver is specifically
written to handle all of this data reorganization between the PBUFs and the
DMA bufs, it's best to assume they need to be the exact same size.

In other words: for the standard ATMEL EMAC driver in the FREERTOS port for SAM7, which defines the buffer size as 128 bytes (with a big "do not change"), i should have the PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE  in LWIP defined to 128?

/* Number of receive buffers */
#define NB_RX_BUFFERS           ( 16 )

/* Size of each receive buffer - DO NOT CHANGE. */
#define ETH_RX_BUFFER_SIZE      ( 128 )

/* Number of Transmit buffers */
#define NB_TX_BUFFERS           ( 16 )

/* Size of each Transmit buffer. */
#define ETH_TX_BUFFER_SIZE      ( 128  )

Kind regards
Marco