lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environmentand

From: Chris Strahm
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environmentand routing to slow link
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 08:53:51 -0800

>> /* Number of receive buffers */
>> #define NB_RX_BUFFERS           ( 16 )
>> /* Size of each receive buffer - DO NOT CHANGE. */
>> #define ETH_RX_BUFFER_SIZE      ( 128 )
>> In other words: for the standard ATMEL EMAC driver in the FREERTOS port for SAM7,
>> which defines the buffer size as 128 bytes (with a big "do not change"),
>> i should have the PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE  in LWIP defined to 128?

Yes I would think so.  But if you have the memory it might be a good idea to increase the number of buffers from 16 to much higher, say 32, 48, or 64.  16x128 is only 2048 bytes total.  That's not a lot of buffer space, either for the EMAC or lwIP.  But I do not know how the memory is laid out or setup for that part.

Chris.