lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environmentand

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environmentand routing to slow link
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:16:39 +0100

With the size of 128, i'm actually using 64 pbuf's. Although my RAM is nothing to waste, i think this size is necessary.

I'm just wondering how the PPP of LWIP is handling the pbuf's, maybe someone can drop a line about this ...

Marco

Chris Strahm schrieb:

Yes I would think so.  But if you have the memory it might be a good idea to increase the number of buffers from 16 to much higher, say 32, 48, or 64.  16x128 is only 2048 bytes total.  That's not a lot of buffer space, either for the EMAC or lwIP.  But I do not know how the memory is laid out or setup for that part.

Chris.