lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environmentand

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pbuf pool size / mss size in low memory environmentand routing to slow link
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:22:44 +0100

> I'm just wondering how the PPP of LWIP is handling the pbuf's, maybe
> someone can drop a line about this ...

I don't know that by heart but I think I remember the PPP code (as it is ported
from sources that don't know pbufs) needs the input packets in contigouous
memory and copies from PBUF_POOL to PBUF_RAM if the input packet is a linked
list of pbufs (i.e. p->len != p->tot_len).

You might therefore be faster setting the size of pool pbufs high enough...

Simon