Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Xerces library problem

From: tek
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Xerces library problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:18:54 +0200

On 07/13/2010 04:27 PM, Martin Lambers wrote:
On 13/07/10 16:07, tek wrote:
I would be glad to help people there (as you help me), but I think GL
extensions is of very little interest to anyone around here.
Not true :)

Really? if you say so, then... once I finish with that stuff, I'll consider posting here with appropriate subject for the sake of completeness in the mingw-cross-env archives about OpenGL extensions. I'll focus it for people like me who did that on Linux (paradoxically the easy way) and then decide to cross-compile their beautiful and sooo shiny engine :)

But first, I must have an .exe, and an .exe that works.

The issues I talk about seems widely covered on the web. I'm
currently on it and I guess the best I could do is providing a link
to what I decided to focus:

http://glew.sourceforge.net/
I would recommend that, too. It is very simple to use, and optionally
also works in scenarios with multiple GL contexts, see for example
<http://www.equalizergraphics.com/documents/design/glExtensions.html>.

When using Mingw-cross-env, you need to define GLEW_STATIC before
including GL/glew.h. After that, just call glewInit() when you have your
GL context and optionally check if specific extensions are available
using glewIsSupported(). That's it.

Thanks for the advices!