mustux-devel

Re: Fwd: [Mustux-devel] only read permissions for ./compile

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Mustux-devel] only read permissions for ./compile
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:00:22 +0100

> again, I think the problem was caused during the initial creation of
> './compile' (on Luciano's machine I think), since I don't have permission
> problems when compiling Remon's tarballs at
> http://vt.shuis.tudelft.nl/~remon/protux/CVS/
> (where ./compile seems to have correct permissions, since he did a 'chhmod
> +x' on it) on another machine!

The tarballs have the right permission indeed set, but thats because they are
created from my machine and not from a CVS checkout....

> So, I would suggest just to delete ./compile from cvs repository and do a
> fresh commit afterwards with correct permissions. RFC

It indeed looks like the compile script for protux works on a fresh checkout,
and for libmustux it doesn't
I tried to remove it from CVS and add it again, but it appears not to work,
perhaps I did something wrong :-(

So for libmustux, you need to chmod +x compile to get it to work..

Best,

Remon