nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:58:39 +0200

What changeLanguageForm does is to change the LOCALIZER_LANGUAGE
cookie, the builtin accept_cookie method checks this cookie to
set the language. So this part of the behaviour that you describe
is correct.

I imagine three different causes that produce your problem, the first
one is the most probable:

- Go to the "Languages" tab in the "Localizer" object and check wether
  the languages you want to support are there;

- Go to the "Properties" tab and check wether the "accept_path" method
  appears in the "accept_methods" property;

- Check wether the url is right, for example, given the following
  directory structure:

    /mysite/
      Localizer/

  If the url is "/mysite/en/index" it should work, but "/en/index" should
  fail.

If all this is fine just ask again, there're other things that could
cause the problem, for example a bad interaction with a SiteRoot object.

Alexander Gräfe wrote:

I am having a rather strange issue with LocalContent objects.

I am generating a DHTML menu by iterating over the folders and creating
a javascript through a DTML method.

My problem is, that the resulting menu doesn't change the language, when
I use the language urls (/de,/fr/,/en), but it does change, when I use
the Localizer.changeLanguageForm.

But I need to be able to control the whole translation process only
through the URL.
I just tried removing accept_cookie from the accept_methods of my
Localizer instance, now the menu doesn't even change when I use
Localizer.changeLanguageForm.

Since this is my first Zope project, I don't really know where else to
prod or what information you need to diagnose this, if I left anything
important out, let me know.

Bye,
        Alexander Gräfe