nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 10:38:54 +0200

I just tried changinf the call to the JavaScript from
/menu_array_dynamic.js   to /<dtml-var SELECTED_LANGUAGE>/menu_array_dynamic.js
that seemed to do the trick, but it's not quite what I am looking for.
Maybe I have a conceptual error somewhere. What I want to do (or rather,
what the customer wants... :-)) is to have three (and later possibly more)
languages accesible through the /LANG/ prefix, being able to switch the
language at any point, staying on the same page. So all URLs on a page
have to include the /LANG/ prefix. The problem I see is that if I am not
careful, I might end up with URLs like /de/en/fr/index_html...

What I would do is to have a link for every language, instead
of using a selection box or something else. The link would have
the right url "/en/xxx" which would be calculated by a script
in the server.

This has the advantage of avoiding the need of javascript, cookies
and the chache problems. At the same time the interface is better
(if there aren't too many languages).

I'll do the same in my own web site, and this is the thing that I
like more, more than the changeLanguageForm. I'll probably provide
a helper method in a future version that helps to do this (or you
can contribute it if you do it first :-)).

It could be something like:

 '%s/%s/%s' % (container.Localizer.absolute_url(), language, path)

Also, I would make a redirect from the root of the web site "/" to
the root plus the language: "/en/", for example. The redirect would
be based in the browser configuration.

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software