nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects

From: Alexander Gräfe
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Strange issues with LocalContent objects
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:55:10 +0200

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 10:38:54AM +0200, Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:

> What I would do is to have a link for every language, instead
> of using a selection box or something else. The link would have
> the right url "/en/xxx" which would be calculated by a script
> in the server.
>
> This has the advantage of avoiding the need of javascript, cookies
> and the chache problems. At the same time the interface is better
> (if there aren't too many languages).

Well, unfortunately, the customer wants the dropdown box. I'll see if I
can get the designer on my side in eliminating that box...

> I'll do the same in my own web site, and this is the thing that I
> like more, more than the changeLanguageForm. I'll probably provide
> a helper method in a future version that helps to do this (or you
> can contribute it if you do it first :-)).
>
> It could be something like:
>
>  '%s/%s/%s' % (container.Localizer.absolute_url(), language, path)

I am working on this right now, but I feel like am blindly poking at
stuff :-) But if I manage to get it working, I'll send it your way.

> Also, I would make a redirect from the root of the web site "/" to
> the root plus the language: "/en/", for example. The redirect would
> be based in the browser configuration.

Err, I think I will tackle this later, this seems a rather daunting task
for this newbie. *g*