Re: [Openexr-devel] Missing include - and other questions...

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Missing include - and other questions...
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:44:08 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Matthias Biedermann wrote:

> just trying to compile the current CVS package (01/24/04) of OpenEXR, my
> system (rh9, gcc 3.2.2, libtool 1.5) complained about some wrong/missing
> namespaces in ImageViewFragShader.cpp, lines 201 etc. As it uses those
> math definitions from ImathMath.h, a simple additional "#include
> <ImathMath.h>" resolved the problem. Do you know about this? Or is it
> supposed to be handled in a different way?

No, what you did is fine, must be a bug.  I'll make that change, thanks.

> btw: I'm very delighted to have found such a flexible and extensible
> open-source tool for handling HDR-images as I need them (along with
> other stuff) in my diploma thesis. Is there already more information
> available for using OpenEXR with dynamic rendering of cubemaps as XXXXX
> has asked ...? Or some general "paper"-stuff about OpenEXR and its
> concepts (like tonemapping etc.) to use for citations?

Not yet; the cubemap stuff only just got released in this latest CVS drop.
There is one "sketch" from SIGGRAPH 2003 on OpenEXR, but that's the only
place it has shown up in the literature so far, I think.

Billy Biggs is on the list and he's doing his thesis on tonemapping
techniques, and he happens to be using OpenEXR for it.  Dunno what your
timeframe is, but maybe you can work something out with him.

-dwh-