AW: [Openexr-devel] Missing include - and other questions...

From: Matthias Biedermann
Subject: AW: [Openexr-devel] Missing include - and other questions...
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:42:40 +0100

Hi folks,

thanks for your quick answers!

Well, I've already investigated into that tone-mapping stuff and have
found Reinhard's technique implemented in your toolset "exrtools",
Billy.
However, the tonemapping needed for my work (which will finish in the
midst of June...) is just for displaying the HDR as textures, so
"business as usual". The "problem" is that tonemapping is not the main
focus of my thesis and thus doesn't have to be very sophisticated but
rapid. As I'm dynamically rendering HDR-cubemaps in moving/interactive
scenes lit by a static (but rotateable/exchangeable) HDR-lightprobe
there is not much time to use clever multipass operators and such - the
GPU will have enough fun with the spherical harmonics anyway...;->

So if you can recommend or tell about experiences with some fast global
tonemapping operators like some sort of log-mapping
(Weber-Fechner's-law, global step of Reinhard's) or (N)URQV, I'd be
happy about any information!

Bye,
Matthias

  http://scanline.ca/exrtools/