[Openexr-devel] LUT for HDR-histograms, too?

From: Matthias Biedermann
Subject: [Openexr-devel] LUT for HDR-histograms, too?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:27:37 +0100

Hi there,

I've just looked thru your nifty fragment-program and have two questions
concerning this technique:

1) The pipeline-comment mentions that applying the exposure has to be
limited to rgb only. However, the line "half4 c = h4texRECT (image,
texCoord) * expMult;" does the multiplication to all four components of
the half4, doesn't it? Or have I just missed the details of
"h4texRECT"...?

2) Do you think the same approach (using a 2D-texture as lut indexed by
floats) would work with creating a histogram of the HDR-image? As I need
some information about the "light sources" of the HDR-Envmap, some sort
of image processing (binary/n-ary thresholding) based on the image's
histogram has to be performed beforehand...

Thanks,
Matthias

p.s. just read your additional comment on the lut...so I guess my second
question might be feasible...;-)