Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR files with nonlinearly encoded RGB

From: Gonzalo Garramuno
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR files with nonlinearly encoded RGB
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:01:32 -0300

On 22/02/15 15:35, Lars Borg wrote:

-------- Original message --------
From: Elle Stone
Date:02/22/2015 3:59 AM (GMT-10:00)

Does anyone use ACES in conjunction with ICC profile color management?
If so, do they use OpenEXR to store RGB data?
My viewer, mrViewer supports ICC profiles as well as CTL transforms and they can be intermixed. However, is up to the user to remember what color space they are operating in. With ACES1.0, this becomes more difficult. As such, I suspect nobody uses that feature, sticking to using ICC profiles or CTL scripts only.
My plan was to remove support for ICC, as CTL makes it obsolete.