pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me

From: Gerald L
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:40:18 -0600

Beartooth wrote:
On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:36:03 +0300, Роман Донченко wrote:
        [...]
The Fedora package for it is called simply "Terminal".

        Aha! I didn't have, per rpm -q; yum got it; and it runs all right.

Since I can't use Gnome Preferences till that's fixed; I went into Pan's, set that to Custom, which still showed my xterm setting, changed "xterm" to "Terminal" with everything else the same. So what I now have is Terminal -e alpine -url %s -- which doesn't work; it fails when I hit send.

        Taking that "-e" out didn't fix it.

        What do I need to do?

According to the others "Terminal" or "terminal" is probably the right command -- but since alpine includes arguments you'll probably need to quote it.

Terminal -e 'alpine -url %s'

or, if %s is pre-expanded by Pan

Terminal -e 'alpine -url ' %s
(note the space between -url and the final ')

Gerald