pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:22:37 -0500

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Beartooth <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:26:37 +0000, David Shochat wrote:
>
>> Ok, try running the script at the command line with a minimal mailto:
>> alpine_helper.pl mailto:address@hidden
>> If the script is working properly, a new Terminal window will come up,
>> with an alpine composition started, pre-addressed to address@hidden Tell us
>> what
>> happens.
>
> address@hidden ~]$ alpine_helper.pl
> Use of uninitialized value $url_from_pan in concatenation (.) or string
> at /home/btth/bin/alpine_helper.pl line 4.
> address@hidden ~]$

You omitted the argument (mailto:address@hidden) on the command line. Do it
exactly as follows:
alpine_helper.pl mailto:address@hidden

I should have added an error-check for this case but I was trying to
keep the script minimal. Remember that when pan calls the script, it
will always add a (long) mailto: as an argument. Since the script is
intended only to be used as a mailer for pan, it has no need to handle
the case of no argument.
-- David