[Phpgroupware-users] Inital LDAP Setup questions

From: Chris Hirsch
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Inital LDAP Setup questions
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:46:20 -0700

I'm just starting to setup groupware with Open LDAP. I don't really have any prexisting users in either mysql or OpenLDAP so I'm open to changes if necessary. I'm trying to figure out the various LDAP defintions in the setup and there doesn't seem to be anything in the archives about it.

LDAP host is pretty obvious. In mycase localhost
LDAP accounts context? I have no clue on this one
LDAP groups context. I think I found something in the archive that I set this to ou=phpgwg,dc=domainname,dc=com. I need to create a users and administrators group in this ou correct? What if I already have a users group in my employees ou? If I change ou from phpgwg to employees phpgroupware picks the last user as a group. Is that correct or am I wrong here?

I think I have the rootdn, pwd and encryption type figured out :-)

One thing I am curious about is how other people have their LDAP strucgture set up for people who authenticate against the LDAP server for unix logins and how you use these same accounts for phpGroupware vs people who just use phpGroupware and no unix acocunts.

Thanks for any pointers!
Chris
--
UNIX is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.