pupa-devel

Re: copyright notice changed

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: copyright notice changed
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:44:31 +0100

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 18:51, Marco Gerards wrote:
> If it cannot be preserved during the move, please do not remove the
> PUPA repository.

I don't plan to remove it. Probably I will put a notice to the
repository, which says "This is not used any longer. Use foobar
instead.".

> Personally I would prefer a separate mailinglist, one for help and
> one for development.  Mainly because when I don't have much time I
> can keep a track of bugreports and read the help mails later.
> Anyway, there was such discussion on bug-grub already.

Well, each time I ask, there are various opinions for it. Some people
believe that one mailing list is good enough and the traffic is not
significant. Others think multiple lists would make things better.
AFAIK, neither of them is particularly strong compared to the other.
That's why I haven't made any new list for GRUB yet.

Anyway, we need to change the mailing list used for PUPA, because it
should be managed by gnu.org rather than nongnu.org. So which will be
used, bug-grub or a new list? I have no strong opinion about this.

> Will you change the name of PUPA as well? (GRUB2 or GRUB 2.0,
> something like that)?

I'd like to change the canonical name to GRUB 2, but I'm not sure about
details. I think it is quite boring to change all prefixes to grub_
from pupa_. So it may be better to keep the name PUPA only inside the
source code. What do you think?

Okuji