pupa-devel

Re: copyright notice changed

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: copyright notice changed
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:56:27 +0100

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 11:13, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> That much traffic? You mean 1 to 2 e-mails a day? This month I got 34
> mails (in 25 days). It's far more annoying when people start posting
> to the wrong list or start cross-posting. I don't really see a
> problem with bug-grub, but I don't have any problems with another
> list either.

Now I see a good reason to have another list. This makes people less
confused.

Suppose that we use bug-grub for many purposes, such as the maintenance
of GRUB 0.9x and the development of GRUB 2. Then, when one mention
GRUB, it is not clear which version she wants to mean. If you want to
distinguish this but still use a single mailing list, it would be
inevitable to always add a marker to a subject manually (like "[GRUB2]
New Feature Request"). It's quite unconvenient, I think.

So let's make a new list. What name do you like? grub-devel?

> I think that changing it to grub_ is better and it won't take that
> much time to change.

I think of another problem. You would lose history data if we change
pupa to grub completely, because CVS cannot rename files or
directories. For example, we need to change the directory
"include/pupa" to "include/grub".

Okuji