pupa-devel

Re: copyright notice changed

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: copyright notice changed
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:13:26 +0100

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:26:17PM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
> "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Anyway, we need to change the mailing list used for PUPA, because it
> > should be managed by gnu.org rather than nongnu.org. So which will be
> > used, bug-grub or a new list? I have no strong opinion about this.
>
> Like I said in my previous mail bug-grub is already that much
> traffic.  If we start discussing PUPA there it will only get worse.

That much traffic? You mean 1 to 2 e-mails a day? This month I got 34
mails (in 25 days). It's far more annoying when people start posting
to the wrong list or start cross-posting. I don't really see a problem
with bug-grub, but I don't have any problems with another list either.

> >> Will you change the name of PUPA as well? (GRUB2 or GRUB 2.0,
> >> something like that)?
> >
> > I'd like to change the canonical name to GRUB 2, but I'm not sure about
> > details. I think it is quite boring to change all prefixes to grub_
> > from pupa_. So it may be better to keep the name PUPA only inside the
> > source code. What do you think?
>
> A simple search and replace would not be that hard, you just have to
> compare the results afterwards.  This will not take more than a hour I
> guess...
>
> For me it does not really matter if I have to type pupa or grub, but
> it would be nicer it it were grub_ to prevent confusion, etc.

I think that changing it to grub_ is better and it won't take that
much time to change.

--
Jeroen Dekkers