quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] fix patch version check in configure.ac

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] fix patch version check in configure.ac
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:18:09 +0900

Hi Jean,

At Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:46:21 +0100 (CET),
Jean Delvare wrote:

> On 2006-01-26, Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
> > one question, just noticed when I glanced delete.in, it has following
> > strings:
> >
> > #: quilt/delete.in:107
> > msgid "Removing patch %s failed\\n"
> >
> > #: quilt/delete.in:117
> > msgid "Failed to remove patch %s\\n"
> >
> > would you guys take a patch to merge those strings at this stage?
>
> Yes I support this, this is a minor change and easing the boring
> translation work is always welcome.

Ok I'll make some patch for it.

> > which should we use?
>
> I prefer the second one but all in all it doesn't really matter.

yup.  it doesn't matter at all so let's take the second one if no one
objects.

some other boring stuff is either have a word, typically filename,
double-quoted or not. ie.

    #: quilt/delete.in:117
    msgid "Failed to remove patch %s\\n"

    #: quilt/delete.in:135
    msgid "Failed to remove patch file \\\"%s\\\"\\n"

regarding to quotes, we have variety of quoting style:

- 'foo'
- `foo'
- "foo"
- ``foo''

I usually don't care but when I'm looking at po file too much these
boring stuff start to annoy my eyes. ;-P

regards,
--
         yashi