Re: [RP] adding some basic mouse support to switch frame

From: Julien Pagès
Subject: Re: [RP] adding some basic mouse support to switch frame
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 08:14:13 +0100

Mathieu OTHACEHE writes:

> You should maybe consider rebasing your work on top on xrandr branch. It
> would make your code cleaner as you would iterate on a screen list instead of
> a static array of screens.
>
> This way when a user plugs a new screen, the frames on this screen
> could be directly selected without having to restart ratpoison, how nice
> :)

Hi Mathieu,

Sure, I can do that :)

I believe what it would really needs is some sort of callback when new
screens are plugged, to call grab button on the root window of the new
screen in case the mousefocus policy is equal to click (in order to be
notified from clicks on this screen).

Is it possible? Or should I just iterate over the list like I do now?

Thanks,

--
~Julien