Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah situation

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah situation
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:49:57 -0500

Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Paul, could you mail me when you installed my key?

I will ask Paul to do this the moment he arrives here at the office.

> * we keep the excisting users and remove all there keys and reset their
>   passwords.  They can use the lost password option then.  After a
>   couple of months you can then check for the users who haven't set a
>   new passs or keys and remove them to clean the database.

This sounds like a good plan.

> But what will you do with the projects that havent mailed us that there
> code OK is?

Is there a way that we can add a flag to the database that will display
whether or not a project has been audited or not?  Perhaps it could
display a statement that says:

  "This software has not yet been audited since the November 2003 crack of
   Savannah."

How hard would it be to do that?

> > One thing we will need to do is reimport some RCS files into the CVS
> > trees, as some folks have been working independently on their RCS files
> > while savannah was down.  IIRC, you all do this by hand, right?  Any
> > ideas on how we can make the process smooth?
>
> I can only think of doing it manually.

Is that a hard job?  Is it just a matter of copying the new tree over the
old one?

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation   |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942