Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah situation

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah situation
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:21:40 -0500

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:49:57AM -0500, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> Is there a way that we can add a flag to the database that will display
> whether or not a project has been audited or not?  Perhaps it could
> display a statement that says:
>
>   "This software has not yet been audited since the November 2003 crack of
>    Savannah."
>
> How hard would it be to do that?

I don't think that will be hard, the only thing that is left to be
done is to update any select statements in the savannah code to check
that new field in the datebase.

<importing rcs files>

> > I can only think of doing it manually.
>
> Is that a hard job?  Is it just a matter of copying the new tree over the
> old one?

What Vincent said is correct.  The following commands can be used (Jaime
once sent it to me)

   cd /cvsroot/<name>; for i in $(tree -dfi); do chmod g+s $i; done

this will fix the mode for all subdirectories. Ignore a couple of error
messages you'll get about to directories that do not exist; I have to improve
that command and then I will put it in a sv-script.

Also you must make sure that the files have the right owner and group.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org