[Savannah-hackers] Re: Plan for today

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Plan for today
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:35:27 +0100

"Bradley M. Kuhn" <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy wrote:
>
>> As I said, we're not in that situation, so currently, if change need to
>> be made, it must be outside the Savannah project.
>>
>> But sure, at a later point, once it will be polished, it will be ok for
>> them to enter Savannah.
>
> That sounds like a good plan.  Are you willing to help us make those
> changes tomorrow?
>
>> I mentioned, in the another mail I just sent, how to handle that.
>
> Ok, I will look.
>
>> I insist on the fact that this kind of change must not enter the
>> Savannah code, unless it achieves a general and interesting purpose, not
>> specifically due to the savannah compromise.
>
> I understand.  I wonder: does savannah have any feature that allows
> various flags to be set for a project, that have text displayed on the
> project page associated with that tag?  For example, this solution might
> work to handle the "is GNU/ is not GNU" as well as this particular
> instance.

Every groups belongs to a group type, like GNU, nonGNU, www.gnu.org,
GUG (Gnu User Group).

That's a feature I implemented during the summer 2002. And a preamble
of the description of the projects is dependant on that group type.

So in fact, since summer 2002, there is actually a sentence "This
project is part of the GNU project" shown in the description of groups
of the group type GNU and "This project is not part of the GNU
Project" for the others.

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |