Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx timers

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx timers
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:29:09 +0200

Michael Hennebry schrieb:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

Michael Hennebry schrieb:

I.e. the May 29 tar.bz2 file is the latest and greatest, not CVS?
Yes!
The first patches that I am likely to want to contribute
would just change whitespace and add comments.
I format sources automatic by vi (cmd:gg=G). So changing anything which
will reformatted by vi make no sense. Good comments are welcome :-)

IIRC (I'm at work now) at least some files have mixtures of tabs and speces.
Some spaces are between tabs.
So far as I know, no one approves of that.
This is possible and maybe terrible for you but not important. A simple "bufdo retab" will solve this in vi for all files at once. So please do not spend any second for this. vi is faster :-)

Maybe the tar.bz2 files are different.

The next might be rewrites of timers.
Those would doubtless be preceeded by posting on the lisst.
As you wrote I hope you will first write the new timers for newer avr
generations and afterwards we could do a refactoring of older code if
there is time left. Actually there are no regression tests for timers :-(.

Maybe my next thing should be to write tests.

Very good idea! Refactoring should be started after having tests in place. Make work much more relaxed :-)

Bye
 Klaus