Re: -r option

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: -r option
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:03:16 -0600

In the last episode (Mar 16), Jeff Powell said:
> Interesting... I am also using SpamAssassin 2.5.  I did not try using
> the -r option until after I upgraded to it.
>
> Does the -r option merely pass a flag to SpamAssassin, or does it do
> something internal to the milter?  Perhaps the option has changed in
> SA. I'll have to review the documentation.  I know several options
> are different in 2.50, I had to make some changes when I upgraded.

-r tells the milter to tell sendmail to reject a message if SA has
scored it above the number given (whether SA actually tagged it as spam
or not).  If you run spamass-milter with a debug level of 1, you should
see lines saying "SA score: 10", and "Rejecting", showing the score it
extracted from the SA headers, and whether it decided to reject the
message or not.

I'm running SA 2.50 here and -r works fine.  It does rely on the
that, then -r has nothing to get the score from.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden