Re: ordering events in a swarm ....

From: xueyue
Subject: Re: ordering events in a swarm ....
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:04:04 +0000

> does this mean the following will work?
>
>  - start
>  {
>    count = 0;
>    schedule = [Schedule create: globalZone];
>    [self schedule: 3];
>     [[schedule activateIn: nil] run];
>     [schedule at: 7 createActionTo: objecta message: M(actiona)];
>     [schedule at: 5 createActionTo: objectb message: M(actionb)];
>
>    // ...more new schedule for 'schedule' object
>    // ...
>    [[schedule activateIn: nil] run];
>    // create more objects and actions to schedule, ...
>    [[schedule activateIn: nil] run];
>     return self;
>  }

I just tested, this will work, but a new problem arise:
the actions inserted after [[schedule activateIn: nil] run]
will start to be excuted only if those before [[schedule activateIn:
nil] run] has been completed. In other words,
each [[schedule activateIn: nil] run] reset the schedule to
currentTime=0 and excuted actions inserted till no actions exists.