Re: installing 1.4.1 on SuSE Linux 6.1

From: Matthew Aylward EG201 G219 SL CKR
Subject: Re: installing 1.4.1 on SuSE Linux 6.1
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:51:51 +0800

Greetings all,
This is becoming embarassing for a suposedly seasoned linux user.
Swarm now compiles OK, just the hopefully harmless compiler errors. My
apps also compile OK. BUT!! I am getting that TkExtra init.tcl error:

Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

while executing
"error $msg"
....etc

There are no directory entries shown in the error??
I have tcl8.1, tk8.1 and blt2.4i in /opt/scriptics
These paths are correct in the /usr/local/etc/swarm makefiles, and in
the environment vars TCL_LIBRARY, TK_LIBRARY and BLT_LIBRARY. The
compilation of Swarm and my apps use all the correct paths with no
problem. What is missing???

so close, and yet so far.

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Aylward: <address@hidden> or <address@hidden>
         Linux Lover - OS for the people by the people.