problems (2)

From: Holger Perlt
Subject: problems (2)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:01:08 +0200

Hello,

here are two questions:

1.There is a major(?) )difference in tutorial/SimpleSwarmBug3 between
the printed version
and the  swarmapps_2.0.1 program concernig the reading in of the
parameter data.
In the printed version (the older one) it is realized inside
ModelSwarm.m with

[ObjectLoader load: self fromFileName: "model.setup"]

This seems rather obvious.
In the actual program it is realized inside main.m with

if ((modelSwarm
       [lispAppArchiver getWithZone: globalZone key: "modelSwarm"]) ==
nil)
    raiseEvent(InvalidOperation,
               "Can't find the modelSwarm parameters");

which is somewhat more complicated to understand. Especially I do not
see
where the filename "bug.scm" comes into the game. In this file the
corresponding
parameter values are defined.

2. I wanted to add a new simple method (setEat) to the bug-class. But
the compilation
failed due to some inconsistencies. From make I get the following
message:

address@hidden:~/swarmapps-2.0.1/mytests/test2 > make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror  -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DAPPNAME=bug -DAPPVERSION=2.0 address@hidden
-I/usr/local/include Bug.m
cc1obj: warnings being treated as errors
Bug.m:69: warning: incomplete implementation of class `Bug'
Bug.m:69: warning: method definition for `-setEat:Y:' not found
make: *** [Bug.o] Error 1

I attach the correspondig files (Bug.m, Bug.h, ModelSwarm.m) for better
understanding.

Holger

--
PD Dr. habil. Holger Perlt