Re: Make problems (2)

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Make problems (2)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:27:00 -0500

Hm. Your swarmapps version does not match your swarm version. In those days, there were some changes substantial enough to cause a problem like that, especially where protocols are concerned. I do not think this errror is caused by a faulty gcc, It is a problem in the package or your swarm build itself.

Holger Perlt wrote:

Hello,

1. The ^M problem is due to the fact that I submit my emails on a
Windows machine - but the calculations are done on my Linux machine
(Suse, 7.0)

2. I use the version swarm-2.1.1 from the swarm-2_1_1_tar.gz archive

3. As recommended by Paul I have tried to compile the heatbugs example.

Here is the shell window output:

address@hidden:/home/perlt/swarmapps-2.0.1/heatbugs > make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror  -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1
address@hidden   -I/usr/local/include main.m
cc1obj: warnings being treated as errors
main.m: In function `main':
main.m:37: warning: method `getWithZone:object:' not implemented by
protocol.
main.m:37: warning: return type defaults to id
make: *** [main.o]Error 1
address@hidden:/home/perlt/swarmapps-2.0.1/heatbugs >

I suppose that there is a problem with the objective C compiler?

Holger