Re: problems (2)

From: Holger Perlt
Subject: Re: problems (2)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:34:29 +0200

Hello Alex,

thank you for your explanations.

Concerning the bug.m file I must recognize that I edited
the wrong file bug.m ?! (From another tutorial directory)
In the version of my edit window I had implemented the
setEat - method. Obviously, this was not the Bug.m file
of my working directory. It was very late last evening!!

Holger

> HP> I attach the correspondig files (Bug.m, Bug.h, ModelSwarm.m) for
> HP> better understanding.
>
> This is simple.  You've defined a `-setEat:Y:' method in your header
> file `Bug.h' file, but not in your implementation file `Bug.m'.  If
> you just want to compile it, create a `dummy' method, then you can
> experiment with the implementation:
>
> - setEat: (int)x Y: (int)y {
>   return self;
> }
>
> to `Bug.m'.  If you define a method for your object's "interface", you
> must implement, otherwise you get the "incomplete implementation"
> message.
>
> Alex
> --
>    Alex Lancaster * <address@hidden> * www.santafe.edu/~alex
> Dept. of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley (ib.berkeley.edu) * +1 510 642-1233
>     & Swarm Development Group, Santa Fe, New Mexico (www.swarm.org)

PD Dr. habil. Holger Perlt
Diplomphysiker/Geschäftsführer
Reinforcement Control GmbH