Re: Problem on using Java on Swarm-2.1.1

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Problem on using Java on Swarm-2.1.1
Date: 22 Jan 2002 05:28:21 -0700

JM> /usr/local//bin/javacswarm Heatbug.java HeatCell.java
JM> HeatSpace.java HeatbugModelSwarm.java HeatbugObserverSwarm.java
JM> StartHeatbugs.java HeatbugBatchSwarm.java Heatbug.java:7: cannot
JM> resolve symbol symbol : class Grid2d location: package space
JM> import swarm.space.Grid2d; ^ Heatbug.java:8: cannot resolve symbol

For some reason, your swarm.jar file isn't intact.  One way that can
happen is if you build with Kaffe's compiler and jar program.  The
kopi compiler doesn't handle cross-module dependencies, and the
jar program is just broken with certain versions of Kaffe.  I realize
that you attempted to use Sun JDK, but unless you show the build
actually invoking those paths, we can't be sure.  In particular, you
should say what exactly your "hand fixes" were.