Re: Problem on using Java on Swarm-2.1.1

From: Jason Miu
Subject: Re: Problem on using Java on Swarm-2.1.1
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:45:32 +0800

Paul Johnson wrote:

>I've been watching this thread.  What kind of operating system is it,
>again? I can assure you on RedHat linux, swarm-2002-01-14 does work, so
>we need to figure what's wrong with your system's setup.

My system config is:

Single Intel P4 cpu
Mandrake Linux 8.0 (with kernel 2.4.10)
Gnu GCC 2.96
java version "1.3.1" (Sun JDK 1.3.1)
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)

I installed the Swarm in /usr/local , and my JDK is in /usr/java/jdk

>Mostly, I wonder, do other java programs work? I don't mean Swarm
>programs, just any other java programs. If you have RedHat Linux, there
>was a conflict with at least one edition of the jdk and no java programs
>work. I wonder if you't hit that problem.

Yes, other java programs work. The Java apples on browser work, and the
programs I wrote work, too.

May be some config in my box isn't correct. Is there any simpler Java
Swarm program for testing other then jheatbugs? So I can try to isolate
the possible error as much as possible.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Jason Miu, CUHK