Re: Problem on using Java on Swarm-2.1.1

From: Jason Miu
Subject: Re: Problem on using Java on Swarm-2.1.1
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:41:59 +0800

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

>For some reason, your swarm.jar file isn't intact.  One way that can
>happen is if you build with Kaffe's compiler and jar program.  The
>kopi compiler doesn't handle cross-module dependencies, and the
>jar program is just broken with certain versions of Kaffe.

I found the problem. I make a mistake that make a fault sym-link to a
old library..... -_-;

By the way, I 'ven't install Kaffe. I re-compile the Swarm and now I can
compile the jheatbugs with "make".

However, I can't run it... I've tried:

(1)
# javaswarm StartHeatbugs
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

(2)
# java StartHeatbugs
swarm/simtoolsgui/GUISwarmImpl

(3)
# java -cp "./:/usr/local/share/swarm/swarm.jar" Start Heatbugs
swarm/objectbase/VarProbeImpl
at swarm.objectbase.ProbeLibraryImpl.getProbeForVariable$inClass(Native
Method)
at
HeatbugObserverSwarm$1$HeatbugObserverProbeMap.probeVariable(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:88)
at
HeatbugObserverSwarm$1$HeatbugObserverProbeMap.addVar(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:98)
at
HeatbugObserverSwarm$1$HeatbugObserverProbeMap.<init>(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:105)
at HeatbugObserverSwarm.<init>(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:112)
at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:24)
Segmentation fault

Do I make anything wrong again? (sure....)

> I realize
>that you attempted to use Sun JDK, but unless you show the build
>actually invoking those paths, we can't be sure.

Yes, I use Sun JDK 1.3.1. Here are some log come from my compilation:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/java/jdk/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/usr/java/jdk/jre/lib/
i386/classic:/usr/java/jdk/jre/lib/i386:/usr/local/lib/
/usr/java/jdk/bin/i386/n
ative_threads/java -classpath
'../../../java/JavaDeps.jar:/usr/java/jdk/jre/lib/
rt.jar' smr.JavaDeps.JavaDeps Int2dFilerCImpl.java
Object2dDisplayCImpl.java Gri
d2dCImpl.java Diffuse2dCImpl.java ConwayLife2dCImpl.java
Value2dDisplayCImpl.jav
a DblBuffer2dCImpl.java Discrete2dCImpl.java Int2dFilerImpl.java
Object2dDisplay
Impl.java Grid2dImpl.java Diffuse2dImpl.java ConwayLife2dImpl.java
Value2dDispla
yImpl.java DblBuffer2dImpl.java Discrete2dImpl.java Int2dFilerC.java
Object2dDis
playC.java Grid2dC.java Diffuse2dC.java ConwayLife2dC.java
Value2dDisplayC.java
DblBuffer2dC.java Discrete2dC.java Ca2dC.java Int2dFiler.java
Object2dDisplay.ja
va Grid2d.java Diffuse2d.java ConwayLife2d.java Value2dDisplay.java
DblBuffer2d.
java Discrete2d.java Ca2d.java Int2dFilerS.java Object2dDisplayS.java
Grid2dS.ja
va Diffuse2dS.java ConwayLife2dS.java Value2dDisplayS.java
DblBuffer2dS.java Dis
crete2dS.java Ca2dS.java | tr -d '\015' > .deps
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
/* some make directory infomation */
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk /usr/java/jdk/bin/javac -classpath
'..:/usr/java/jdk/jre
/lib/rt.jar' -d .. CustomizedType.java
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk /usr/java/jdk/bin/javac -classpath
'..:/usr/java/jdk/jre
/lib/rt.jar' -d .. SwarmEnvironment.java
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk /usr/java/jdk/bin/javac -classpath
'..:/usr/java/jdk/jre
/lib/rt.jar' -d .. Globals.java

Those messages appear near the end of my compilation. I also noticed
that there is a error : could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment too.

> In particular, you
>should say what exactly your "hand fixes" were.

Sorry. I show them here:
1. In libobjc/objc/hash.c, it complain that it can't find the "strncmp"

2. In libobjc/objc/Protocol.h, the last #endif have a extra token after
it, remove it.

3. In src/activity/, the "make" will run a srcipt called "make-h2x" to
produce a .xm file. The activity.xm file gen. out seems have problem
(may be a bug in make-h2x). Some lines in activity.xm seems wrong and
should not be there. I remove these lines:
#481 "./activity.h" (several this kind of line)
typedefunsignedlonginttimeval_t=0

then "make" it again.

Hope my information is usful. Thanks for reply.

Best regards,
Jason Miu, CUHK