Re: Problem to compile Activity library on MacOsX Box

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Problem to compile Activity library on MacOsX Box
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:33:04 -0600

I've seen that too. I think if you look at the source code in a text editor you might find one of those line-ending characters like ^M or such at the end of the indicated lines. I think it happens if the source code gets edited on an MS machine. I could swear sometimes I've seen a ^L in there too. I think one time we blamed it on static in the phone line, I don't recall if there was any evidence. Some text editors do not show these hidden characters, but you can delete them anyway. If I were you, I'd try retyping the lines 516 and 553.

Another possibility is to add the GCC flag -Wno-error (isn't that the one?) to make it compile and ignore warnings, which I think those things are. I don't think they are actually errors.

Good luck on the Mac!

Perrone Alessandro wrote:
Hi all
I have problem to compile activity library on my MacOsX box (I had no problems to compile the others, but I do not know if they works or not).
I have the following error
In file included from activity.m:12:
activity.h:516:2: invalid preprocessing directive #&
activity.h:553:2: invalid preprocessing directive #"481"
Any hints?
                Regards.