Re: compile errors on swarm-2002-05-14

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: compile errors on swarm-2002-05-14
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:52:58 -0500

Dear James

I think we did not realize what you were asking. We have been over this so many times in this list and sometimes we just expect people to read the archive or the SwarmFaq. THe info about up to date RPMS has always been right here for you to see:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#2.1

Now, since that didn't work,s if you want RPMS, Please look here:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/

In there you see rpms for the various snapshots of development after 2.1 through the present. I believe this address is listed in the FAQ.

In there, you see a directory

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/miscSupportSoftware/

which has the links to various stuff that has been used over the years.

You see that is a symbolic link to my "software" directory, where there is lots of handy stuff. Look for "gcc-updates"

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/miscSupportSoftware/gcc-upgrades/3.0.4RH72/

James Haefner wrote:
The rpms are all clearly labeled at version 2.1 and other webpages on swarm.org clearly state that this is 2 years out of date and one should get the latest development version. I was following what I thought was the most desirable procedure given the presented data.

jim

Alex Lancaster wrote:

"JH" == James Haefner <address@hidden> writes:

JH> I am not using your gcc3.  I have the standard redhat:gcc3-3.0.1-3
JH> I don't see yours on your website: can you give me a hint?

You should look into possibly using Paul's RPMs for Red Hat 7.2.  They
are much simpler to install and they exist so that you don't have to
install it from source yourself (saves us fiddling around debugging
problems like this on the mailing list, too!)

Alex

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504