wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Releasing Wednesday?

From: Philippe Plantier
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Releasing Wednesday?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:46:08 +0200

Isaac Clerencia wrote:
Hi, it looks like we've been able to close most of the annoying bugs that affected the 0.9.0 release.

We just miss a fix for this one:
* units not yet included in help (encountered_units) when offered as upgrade

If nobody can have a look at it, I'll try to fix it tonight.

After this one is fixed we are ready to release, unless I've missed anything important the last two days (I've been without Internet access). Well, I would also like to have a more reasonable "campaign download" dialog before releasing.

We should re-run update-po to have the _("Screenshot") string in the pot files, and translators will have two days until release.

Any ideas, changes, whatever to the "plan"?

The main problems I see with this plan are that :

1/ the parser error strings are disabled. This is bad ; the parser syntax has changed and user-campaign editors will have to fix them. Without error messages, debugging them will be very hard.

2/ the fixes to the preprocessor seem to break some macro-heavy user campaigns, like Wesvoid*. The problem is that there is no easy way to fix this - and thus, no way to tell the users how to fix their campaigns.

I could take a look at it, but this is silene's code and maybe he is currently busy working on it; I do not want to make conflicting changes.

Anyway, given the current state of the code, I do not think we can release. Some decision has to be taken.

Cheers,

Ayin

* I did not produce a bugreport yet, my bad. However, the bug seems to occur when there are some macros without end-of-line, possibly into other macros. In such cases, the #line preprocessor directives cause extraneous line breaks to be added inside the expanded macros, which breaks parsing.